Skip to main content

Missed Opportunity (Seek God first)

Some time ago last year, At about 8 am in the morning while strolling to catch my Gobus for work by Square one, I wasn't really feeling the music on my playlist, so I decided to switch off the music and slide my phone back in my jacket pocket. As I looked ahead I saw from a distance,  a beggar on the street walking back and forth by the highway exit reaching out to cars for some change. I reached out for my wallet and pulled out a crisp twenty dollar note to give to him, I was so excited because I couldn't wait to see the look on his face while he received it. However, I  noticed something very interesting, I realized that as I walked closer towards his direction, he was walking farther away from mine. Obviously he had no idea how lucky he was about to get, rather he was more focused on his normal routine which was,  holding a sign and going from car to car asking for some change. I thought to myself, "okay, slow down a little, maybe he'll come towards your direction before you get closer to the intersection". Unfortunately I couldn't keep up with him, and the pedestrian walking signal came on urging me to walk while cars were waiting. I didn't want to chase after him or scream "HELLO", but I kept on saying, "please just look towards my direction, please" but he kept on walking farther away from me, Well, I had a bus to catch and I also didn't want people in their cars looking at me in a strange way (like girl are you gonna walk or not). So unfortunately I slipped my twenty dollars back in my wallet and kept it moving. I felt bad and was hoping to see another beggar on the street that was a bit closer but I didn't. Later that morning I decided to use that same twenty dollars to get myself breakfast and lunch and eventually found a beggar after work that got blessed with five dollars.

Moral of the Story:
Sometimes when we are in need of God's help we tend to walk towards the wrong direction, we ask the wrong people for advice and help, Simply because we believe they are right in front of us and can physically help us with the "little"  they have, or give us advice because we think they might be the experts. Or if we stay longer and become a bit more persistent we will eventually get the help and answer we seek for. However, we forget to realise that God is right there waiting for us just to draw a bit closer to Him and look up to Him for help. Most times we only come back towards His direction when we exhaust ourselves from doing the same thing and getting the same results.  When we do so, we don't hear from him right away, not because He's no longer there or He is not willing to help, but because we have missed the opportunity we had during that point in time. Plus, He has other lives that are calling on the Him by the second, lives that crave and seek His attention. I'm sure the man did end up getting what he wanted after a couple hours of standing in the cold and trying to persuade a few drivers to give him some money, and he might have even made up to $20 or more that day, however, if he came towards my direction, he probably won't have to stay out there for too long and he would've had a bit more than expected that day. Maybe have enough to sustain him for a couple days.

Although, sometimes the help we seek from others might end up fulfilling our needs at that given point in time, but God's blessing is sustaining and everlasting. So when in need for help in whatever situation you find yourself in, before you go out there seeking for who to talk to and asking people for help. Seek God first, because he sees your struggle and He really wants to help, but you just have to come towards His direction and ask Him and He will definitely fulfil all your needs and more.

Stay blessed,

Odatspoetry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single Failure, Multiple Treasures

she stumbled and fell, in the midst of her peers... They laughed and stared, as she struggled to raise her head ... They murmur and whisper Oh what a shameful picture She can’t rise up and face her fear Not even worthy enough to raise a cheer. She is a failure, can never be treasured She was as bright as gold, but never dared to be bold She is a hidden pearl, never broke out of her shell She is good for nothing... matter of fact she will never stand to be something. Tears rained down her eyes  She hated these lies Single lies without a worthy price She stood up with FIRE and yelled... LIAR. I am something, the Lord created me to be something I am a shining star, the Lord has brought me this far I have risen up; the Lord has filled my cup I fear nothing; the Lord has showered me with his blessing I am not a hidden pearl; I am his chosen girl. Her confidence created desire, desire to be like her Who is your Lord?  May we please come

Getting older way too fast..

The moment you realize you're actually getting older.. your priorites, thoughts and mindset starts changing up on you, telling you what you need to do, where you need to be.. gradually.., without even asking for your permission.. Like why??  I mean don't get me wrong I'm adjusting to it, the change and all, but make it stop.. I need more time, you know like backdated time, maybe like a yr or a couple more years.. cause.. I'm not ready..  not ready.. to grow up... YET...

Been very Busy!!! :(

So... I just got a new job, I know that's a good thing right?.. but imagine coming home everyday with sore feet.... yea that's a "No..No!!!!" I haven't been writing poems for sometime, due to my crazy shifts at work, and the little project I've been working on *can't say much* but y'all will get the hint soon... Hope you all like what I have so far.. I'm still young at this so stay with me and watch me grow.... your support is very much appreciated... Have a great day:-) Yours Truly, Helga